Global cyber protection services provider, Acronis, introduced its new product – Acronis Advanced Security + EDR, which will provide better threat detection, containment, and remediation and reduce the complexity of other EDR solutions.
Acronis also released a new Advanced Data Loss Prevention (DLP) pack for their Cyber Protect Cloud solution. This pack will help shield managed service providers (MSPs) and businesses of all sizes from data leakage.
Acronis Advanced Security + EDR
If you are a Managed Service Provider (MSP) or customer concerned with how quickly you can detect and recover from a cybersecurity attack, Acronis Advanced Security + EDR might be of interest to you. The Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) solution is designed for MSPs and includes features like simplified investigation with MITER ATT&CK chain mapping, human-friendly interpretation, event correlation, and remediation capabilities. Plus, it’s affordable and integrates tightly with Acronis’ backup, security, and management solutions.
Acronis Advanced Security + EDR makes it simpler to keep up with today’s complicated security threats using its unified platform approach. This lets IT teams detect and understand advanced attacks, and then quickly recover using features like an attack-specific, one-click rollback. By correlating events, analyzing attack chains, and presenting human-friendly interpretations, businesses can dramatically reduce the time it takes specialized security analysts to resolve issues and the amount of time it takes for business operations to resume.
“EDR technology is an essential addition to any cybersecurity stance,” said Candid Wuest, VP of Acronis Research. “For example, we know that previously unknown zero-day exploits account for 80% of breaches. We’re facing this down by focusing on real-world security and business outcomes for our customers and partners as our top priority with fast and easy remediation being of the utmost importance.”
Acronis Advanced Security + EDR is part of the Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud platform that helps businesses and their service providers offer holistic protection across the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework Core. The new product adds to Acronis cyber defenses with:
- Event correlation and interpretation with attack chain visibility which is driven by machine learning and mapped to the MITER ATT&CK®.
- Integrated response capabilities comprising one-click, attack-specific rollbacks.
- Power of investigating, remediating, recovering, and closing security gaps together with more features across the Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud platform.
- Reduced complexity and cost with a single Acronis console and unified agent that offers advanced security with a single click and without deploying more agents or operational challenges.
Acronis is uniquely positioned to enable its extensive, global network of managed service provider partners to offer MDR services to down-market clients at a price that makes sense for them and their clients. Acronis’ approach to ensuring all businesses have access to sophisticated technologies for better protection makes it possible for these MSPs to compete with pure-play security vendors.
The Acronis Advanced Security + EDR early access program will be available for Acronis partners in December. It will be generally available in Q1-2023.
Acronis Advanced Data Loss Prevention
Acronis Advanced DLP helps you protect your data by making it easy to configure and manage protection policies. Its unique behavior-based technology automatically creates and maintains policies specific to your business, without requiring a lot of time or effort to deploy.
Acronis Advanced DLP is a comprehensive protection that fulfills client requirements with much simplicity. Its features include:
- Protecting sensitive data that is transferred through many different types of communications, including instant messaging and USB devices.
- Helping classify data according to common regulatory frameworks, like GDPR, HIPAA, and PCI DSS.
- Monitoring data flows and creating, recommending, and activating policies to protect data from common causes of unauthorized access.
- Continuously monitoring for DLP incidents with multiple policy enforcement options.
- Enabling ongoing automated policy adjustments to be made to business specifics.
- Helping quickly respond to breaches and do forensic investigations and has strong audit and logging features.
- Leveraging the unified Acronis Cyber Protect Cloud console and agent for data visibility and classification.
Read next: Acronis announces new products and product updates during the #CyberFit Summit 2022